Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My upper crack is itchy & oozing clear fluid Can i take tub…

Customer Question
My upper crack is...

My upper crack is itchy & oozing clear fluid Can i take tub baths

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I got a boil lanced 3 weeks ago the wound hasn’t healed completely

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Are you on any antibiotics currently?

keflex

You would be safe to take epsom salt baths. These are baths with salt and baking soda.

It would actually help the area heal faster.

Is there anything to help with the itching

You could take anti-itch medication such as benadryl but a better way to approach this is to apply a bit of virgin coconut oil to the skin and the wound. This will help the tissue not itch as much.

Ok thank you so much i hope this helps

Glad I could help.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

-Dr. Mo

If you could click the rating button that would be helpful.

-Dr. Mo

Please click the rating button when you get a chance.

Thank you.