Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I will like to know more about depo-medrol

Customer Question
Second opinion] I will like...
Second opinion] I will like to know more about depo-medrol
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
12/14/2017
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond shortly.
Depo-medrol is an injectable form of a cortisone derivative that is used to reduce inflammation and allergic processes. Oral prednisone comes in a package where each daily dose of the medication gradually is tapered off after the higher dose starts to help. The shot releases, gradually, less of the medication that is initially injected. It’s a convenient way of achieving the goal of stabilizing the inflammatory reaction being treated.