Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a few questions. Do you have any idea what could

Hello Doctor, I have a...
Hello Doctor, I have a few questions. Do you have any idea what could cause your skin to imprint easily? Or to bruise easy? It's hard to explain but it's like when I put pressure on my skin it hurts. For instance if I rest my arms on my thighs while seated my forearms will start to ache. I hope I'm describing this correctly.
12/11/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

How long has this been going on?

Do you actually bruise?

I can't say actually bruise but it does imprint quickly, it's been going on for 5months at least.
It's just odd skin seems easily irritated

Easily irritated? Can you more fully explain that?

Ok so I itch when I wear certain clothes, also now for instance I'm sitting on my bed resting my forearm on my lap and my forearm is beginning to ache. I don't know whether it's my bones aching or my skin. If I rub my neck it turns red but then fades away. I hope this gives some insight

Thanks

Have you had any tests or studies to evaluate this?

The itching yes chalked up to allergies and I was given allegra. Nothing for the skin tenderness though. It's not related to any disease do you think?

Well here are some possibilities I would check you for--

Vitamin D or B12 deficiency

Magnesium deficiency

And an EBV (Epstein Barr Virus) titer to check for chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia

Please let me know if you need any more information

I did have vitamin D deficiency last year. What is magnesium deficiency?

Magnesium is a mineral in your blood stream and in foods

Ok I'll try and keep this in mind when I see my doctor again.

Glad to help

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)