Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is it possible for cartia XT to cause me to all of a sudden…

Is it possible for...

Is it possible for cartia XT to cause me to all of a sudden be experiencing angina like symptoms?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Tired and muscle aches

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Not clear on difference

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm taking cartiaxt 180 for high blood pressure and PC's and I've been on it for almost a year

When can I expect an answer?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2017
Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD)
Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Cartia XL is used to treat angina. It usually does not angina. The most common side effect is edema
Ok. But I've read that you should not take cartia if you have angina. Why is that?
If you have new or changing angina, you should see your doctor ASAP. Otherwise, Diltiazem is a potent coronary but a mild arterial vasodilator, producing improved blood flow through coronary epicardial vessels, collaterals, and normal and ischemic myocardium, as well as lowering mean arterial pressure. Diltiazem has been shown to reduce anginal frequency in several clinical trials
ok thank you.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
One last question please. I'm taking 320mg Valsartan could that be causing these sudden symptoms?
No. Valsartan does not cause these symptoms.

I hope you received my previous answer.

Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD)