Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

We at her gymnastics meet now and she would do three deep…

We at her gymnastics meet...
We at her gymnastics meet now and she would do three deep breaths ,like I see her chest moving then she is twitching and she is ok .I asked her why u breathing hard she said I am not .do u think o am putting anxiety on her ,do u think she has it ,do u think she needs to be rushed to er
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

No way she needs the ER and you're way over-reacting here--just like you do with the web sites you check that talk about sudden cardiac death

Three deep breaths means nothing at all

It's her last routine now and she seem to be falling and stumble.i lnow o over react bit I see it happens so much .would she have other sihjns if she had heart problem

Yes--she have chest pain, nausea, pale face, and it would all last a lot longer than just three deep breaths

But is it normal for a 10year old to be tired .and also the three breath I mean it looks like before and after each task she would do these three deep breaths u can actually see her chest move and then she continues

I think you're reading way too much into this

Taking deep breaths before doing things like that is pretty normal and natural

What about being extra tired when other girls doing ok

I think you're imagining that

Ok she had school ,then practice three hours for three days before today meet should she be tired or as a child she should not

Yes she should be a little tired after all that

But if I take her to Dr would she have heard or seen anything abnormal ?

Of course the doctor would have detected anything wrong

Dr chip pls help me . yesterday on my husband's birthday I ate way too much cake .then all day I was cooking , cleaning ,ironing , etc I felt super tired at midnight I woke up because I felt so bad I went straight to the bathroom my stomach was hurting like I was in labour ,and then I had what I had one time before I felt my whole body inside like needles and on fire ,I was sweating ,I was nearly passing out.i had a bit of diarrhea ,one time I went to bed so so weak and now I woke up I have to go to work and I am so weak pls tell me what's wrong

Nothing serious

Dr chip but why this burning and feeling like needles inside me. I can understand cramps,sweat ,weak ,but this feeling like u burning inside I don't

What exactly do you mean by burning and needles?

Sorry NY phone went dead .when I started feeling bad I literally felt very very hot inside and sensation of needles inside my whole body .now I have chest tight ,air in chest ,and burning in chest .I ate cereal with banana

I'm just not going to comment again on the breathing and chest burning thing

The other thing sounds totally like anxiety

me feeling weak after having that episode last night is that normal

Yes--normal

also feeling sick after a bit too much cake is that normal

Yes

I know u don't want to comment but u still think my heart is doing ok

Yes

I need to go to the store for work but I am afraid that I might pass out

Just go

Even if I feel weak .what to do to get some energy.

Just get active and go--stop being controlled by fear

Ok Dr chip just now another bout of diarrhea and cramps ,sorry for tmi but I guess I need to say it wasn't watery it was very soft looking and color very dark with greenish .this is what I ate today cereal with banana ,then I now buy natural ice cream they r portioned each like 300cal ,then frozen dinner steamers like 300cal ,then carrots with I mixed blue cheese dressing with plain Greek yogurt ,and also some rice and sweet potato pita chips.and hot tea .

That doesn't sound at all anything to worry about

Ok but why another diarrhea and why is it greenish .and was I eating badly today

Greenish is typical with diarrhea

As for why--it could be from your diet

Could it be from yesterday cake or today .what I ate today was it bad

Not all that bad but this bout of diarrhea doesn't worry me

Can diarrhea be worrysome ?

Only if it persists daily for over two weeks

Dr chip I am writing to you again it's middle of the night I can't sleep ,watching movies on phone ,it's becoming not normal .plus I watched on news it's said people who slept less then 6 hours a night tend to die faster from heart attack .I don't get why I can't sleep .then I have a fear after a night of almost not sleeping I have to go home clean ,cook etc and I think we'll it's too much on my body ,so today is the day I will croak ,and I want to live ,I have so many plans help me
I feel super tired ,I feel like my eyes are closing but can't sleep ,my whole body feels heavy ,and maybe becaus of lack of sleep of sleep I feel like heart will stop

Just got on

Dr chip I am begging y to be a bit more specific ,why I want to sleep but can't ,then today I feel like someone was beating me ,abd tired .how long can person have insomnia and not have consequences.

How many hours in a 24 hour day do you sleep?

The thing is it's interapted .I would take clonopin at night and I would not remember when I was out but I can sleep for two hours then be up and by early morning have one or two more .when I am visiting my parents I completely let go of everything and sleep but I see them very rarely

I can't give you a specific reason why you're having sleep problems right now but you aren't going to die from that

Well I work nights even if they r in a home setting I have to vigilant ,it's been like that for three years ,gotten worse this past year ,I obviously don't want to be on sleeping pills ,but I don't know how do u cure insomnia .and thank you for telling me I won't die ,but u telling me everything that they say on tv is not true ,that lack of sleep causes high blood pressure,heart diseases,weight gain

TV shows with "medical" information are often misleading

But is any of it true .like after last night I feel tired ,my eyes are heavy ,not good concentration,and I need to do alit and I am afraid I am using my last fuel

You've got plenty of fuel left

I just constantly feel old and tired is there a cure or help with anxiety even if person works nights or different shifts

Yes--treatment

Is it medicated treatment ?

No--with a psychologist

O man again phycologist which I have no time for .not good

I know but you asked

if no therapy ,and I will have insomnia how long will Iast

I really can't say how long you'll have the sleeping problem

Dr chip I meant if I have had insomnia for a while how long can I ,me last. And I know u will say it's old but I am cleaning and I get so out of breath or winded and very hot it's probably bad isn't it

Stop with the idea you're going to die or crash or whatever

When I had that breakdown last December and started meds I put so much faith into them and now a year later it's a little better but still have breathing problem and that fear that paralized me and all I want is get better .but the sadder I get my diet gets worse and then fear of having heart attack is back

So what am I supposed to say about that?

As a Dr what would u say to me ur patient if I was in ur office

All that I've been saying to you all along

Which is what ? So do I need any tests before new year's ,do u think I have major health issues and which issues I have that need attention

I'm not going through all we've talked about before

And you don't need any tests

Dr chip pls help all day tight chest ,again not enough air to breath .and now I drove my daughter to gymnastics and had to stop cause I feel like I will pass out I keep taking deep breaths and feels like my chest is very tight

I simply am not going to go over that with you another time--nothing serious

But what do I do
It scares me so much when u have this feeling

Stop with the deep breaths and keep on going

It's hard when u have this that u can't swallow ,ur mouth gets super dry ,u get panicky ,and dizzy and I get this horrible chest tight I at those moments I have fight or flight situation either to go to er or stay home and pray

What more can I say?

Dr chip anything u say makes me feel safer and a little more healthier .so I have another problem I have been having bowel for past three days normal in shape and everything but they r very dark .when I wipe no blood .and second I have a shooting pain between my shoulder blades

Dark as in what color exactly?

Very very dark brown.isit cancer
When I wipe it's brown

No--that really doesn't indicate anything

As for the pain in your upper back--just muscle and nothing serious

Ok so if I had upper endoscopy in January and there was nothing ,and also had CT with contrast in January nothing should I get more tests ?

No

Even if u know I have frequent diarrhea and cramps .

Still no

Ok so gross question why u think dark color .

Might be from you're being a little dehydrated but again it doesn't indicate anything serious

Can I ask u why people say when stool is dark it means blood and blood means cancer .

Not so

Black stools can indicate upper GI bleeding from gastritis or a peptic ulcer

But dark brown stools are not from blood and they don't indicate cancer

Time for a rating

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)