Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am having really bad abdominal pain. And my fingers are…

Customer Question
I am having really...

I am having really bad abdominal pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

And my fingers are tingling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

So neck and I have the shivers The chills

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
12/6/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Charles, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Thanks

I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer-

Can you please tell- where exactly in abdomen you have pain?

Is pain localized?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Any problem with bowel movements?

Do you have fever/ vomiting?

Any other health problem?

Age and gender?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Is on the lower left side it’s a 9 and I vomited blood 2 times no health problems I’m female 23 years old
the pain goes to the back of th left side
Health Professional: Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)

Given the detailed symptoms, there are a few possibilities in your case -

- appendicitis - This is inflammation of the appendix and the location and severity of pain is typically for an inflamed appendix.

- kidney stone - a stone in the kidney or the ureter (connecting the kidney to the urinary bladder), can present with severe pain in the location you are having with the pain going back.

- stomach ulcer - this again can present with severe pain and blood in vomit. But the location for the stomach ulcer pain is a little high, but still can present with your symptoms.

In all the three above scenarios you need immediate medical attention. An inflamed or infected appendix if not treated on time can burst and can be dangerous for life. I would recommend you to go to emergency medical care immediately

Hope this information is helpful and hope you recover soon.

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers