Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

If you were prescribed blood thinners but are peeing blood…

Customer Question
If you were prescribed blood...
If you were prescribed blood thinners but are peeing blood what should u do if you have talked to ur doc and he really doesn't know much....what would u recommend? 2 eloquis 5 mgs a day for 2 months have been taken what to do now with peeing blood?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
12/5/2017
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 7 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Are you taking any other medicines?

Dizziness?

Duration of symptoms?

Pain abdomen?

Have you undergone blood test PTI INR recently?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

but med I'm on says side effect is dizziness and pain in abdomen...these 2 things are listed as side effects for cartia. Eloquis is blood thinner...initially no blood in urine now after I'm guessing 1 month now blood in pee.
It is late can we just text here. It is midnight and I don't want to wake household

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, Eliquis is a blood thinner, so blood in the urine is a side effect of the medicine.

Blood clots you see are caused due to stopped bleeding after discontinuing it for a while.

I would advise you to take 5 mg once a day.

And if bleeding is still persistent then visit an emergency room to get treatment ASAP.

Your PTI INR should be checked.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.