Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have never done cocaine in my life and i did a 5 panel…

Customer Question
I have never done...

I have never done cocaine in my life and i did a 5 panel drug screen and it showed positive. How is that possible?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Yes I am trying to get a job and they called this morning. It was urine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have stage one non Hodgkin’s lymphoma i am also on antibiotics for a cold

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
12/4/2017
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24138673

is an article about false positive for benzoylecgonine metaboliate for cocaine for urine tox screening

more sensitive and specific analytical technique can be used to look for benzoylecgonine which is the metabolite for cocaine

MS/GC confirmatory testing need to be done after screening testing to confirm your testing.

your 5 panel drug screening test is still a screening test and could be wrong

that is why a confirmatory test is needed

let me know if you have questions.

Can amoxicillin cause a false positive?

this has been tested

amoxicillin most likely would not cause a false cocaine positive result

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18430300

is an article about this

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com