Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My wife has Parkinson's and tales Kardopal. She's been

Customer Question
Hello. My wife has...

Hello. My wife has Parkinson's and tales Kardopal. She's been wearing compression socks but her legs and feet are swollen badly. Is this to be expected? Thanks.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

The swelling goes down a little after removing the socks at night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

There's some leakage in one v

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for the information. How long has she been on that particular medication and also, is she having any shortness of breath or any other symptoms besides the leg swelling?
About 6 months
She does ha e shortness of breath.
With the shortness of breath and leg swelling we would worry about kidney or heart issues which can cause fluid retention. It might be that some of the same fluid that’s in the legs is also in the lungs.
That’s why it would be good to have her seen and either her medication adjusted or changed. It’s not necessarily anything dangerous but should be investigated.
Thank, you. We're in Finland.

Glad I could help.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

-Dr. Mo

Please let me know if you still need help with this questions.

Glad I could help.

If you have any follow up questions feel free to ask them, you can always return to this question string.

Please click the rating button when you're ready.

-Dr. Mo

Please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo