Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I smell like mold. Rash itching feeling rotten. I have rash…

Customer Question
I smell like mold ...

I smell like mold

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Rash itching feeling rotten

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have rash under my breasts and armpit and on my leg creases

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

They always say it's a virus

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
11/30/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the rash here?

No I don't know how

Here is a link on how to attach pictures here,

How to attach pictures

It's a reddish rash

Ok if you cant attach a picture ill write down an answer without it. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

I don't have enough memory left on here

You dont need to pay more money, i am typing down your answer. Just a few mins.

Ok thank you

From what you are describing and from the location of the rash, it sounds like a fungal infection more than anything else. This is likely to be candidasis which can commonly cause a red rash underneath the breasts, armpits and in the groin region. This can cause a red, itchy rash which may show signs of scaling in some cases. However, this can be easily treated with the application of OTC clotrimazole cream in most cases. you can find this cream at your local pharmacy. In those cases where the rash does not respond to the OTC creams then you would need prescription drugs like fluconazole for about 2-4 weeks. Secondly, in the meantime, you should implement the following precautions,

Keep your towels etc separate from the other people around you

Keep these areas of the body DRY and don't let them get moist as that causes the fungus to grow

Use OTC antihistamines like Zyrtec or Claritin for the itching or even Benadryl

In most cases the rash should start to settle down by the 5th to 7th day of using OTC clotrimazole cream and if it doesn't contact your doctor for oral anti fungal medications.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Are you still there?

Yes i am and i sent you an answer several minutes ago, did you not get it? Ill send it again.

Do you have any more questions?

Do you answer me here or in my email?

I sent it here, twice now. Ill send it here again a third time.

Do you have any more questions?

Did you get my answer?

I do not have another card.

You dont need another card, you should be able to access the answer by simply logging into your account. It should be appearing in this conversation thread.

if you are getting my messages then you should be able to see my answer as well. here it is again,

Do you have any more questions?