Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Im afraid to get up an walk i keep getting a vibrating

Customer Question
static shock feeling throught my...
Im afraid to get up an walk i keep getting a vibrating static shock feeling throught my body starting from my feet up.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant and I will do my best to help you today.

What's your age? Sex?

Any concurrent medical illness you have?

I am 58 yrs old and i am not on any medications

Thank you.

I am female

These kind of abnormal sensations are usually a result of peripheral neuropathy---a condition in which the nerves carrying sensations from the legs/feet are not able to process the information appropriately to your brain.

There are many reasons for this such as diabetes, alcohol, B12 and Folate deficiency, certain medications.

These kind of sensations/feeings can also occur due to other causes like circulation issues to the brain.

Is there anything for me to worry about?

At this point I suggest you to watchfully monitor yourself for the time being.

If you feel weakness of any part of body, imbalance, visual problems or headache --- go to ER for urgent evaluation.

Otherwise, schedule a routine appointment with your doctor for clinical examination and tests like B12 and folate levels May be you will need replacement of vitamins to cure this.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.