Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

How can 5 mg oxycodone be found in a urine test? Allergies…

Customer Question
How long can 5...

How long can 5 mg oxycodone be found in a urine test?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Allergies to sulfa NSAIDs. Take nortyptiline thyroid and blood pressure meds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. I was in the hospital with an injury and my doctor told me to increase my oxycodone to every four hours when I got home. But now I don’t have enough for the end of the week when I get tested at my pain control clinic. I want to know if 5 mg will show up in my urine test as I have one left. I’ll wait to take it if I need to.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
11/27/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Actually, oxycodone can be detected in the urine for up to 3-4 days and in the blood for up to 24 hours. Ideally, you should use the oxycodone about 6-12 hours before the test is to be done which will allow for adequate levels to be seen in your system. If you run out 3 days before the test then it is possible that the test comes back as negative. So ideally your last dose of oxycodone should be used at most 12 hours before the test.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Will taking Lasix effect the test results?

Yes it will as it will make the urine more dilute and may cause a false negative reading. Ideally lasix should not be used for atleast 12 hours before you are to be tested.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.