Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Y left foot has a vibration what does this mean. Nothing…

Customer Question
Y left foot has...

Y left foot has a vibration what does this mean

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Nothing else

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
Health Professional: Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only.
How long have you had the symptoms?
Which foot is it and where on the foot do you feel the vibration?
Going on 5 days and left foot
How old are you and what medications are you on?
53 none I started estrogen patch 3 days ago
is the vibration sensation in the toes, bottom of foot or in the ankle?
Heel of foot
usually would be irritation of medial,or lateral calcaneal nerve on the side of the heel.Can try gentle stretching and heat for the next several days
There is no pain just vibration
but irritation of nerve can cause tingling, sense of vibration, numbness as well as pain depending on which nerve fibers are involved
The calcaneal nerves start at side of heel and run underneath, so most likely the ones involved verses plantar nerves which run up towards the toes