Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I'm recovering from ear and sinus infections that led to 2…

Customer Question
Hi. I'm recovering from...

Hi. I'm recovering from ear and sinus infections that led to 2 ruptured eardrums. I took all 7-days of drops in my ears and today is my last of 10-days on antibiotic pills. I have a half-marathon in the am and wondering if it is ok if I run? (For context it's my 4th half this year and I've run about 850 miles so far). I plan to walk/run, leave my earphones looser, and wear a band over my ears to keep the wind out.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I'm allergic to codeine. Right now I'm finished amoxicillin, and I take some vitamins/probiotics daily. I'm also taking Sudafed and Advil as needed for my infection.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
11/26/2017
Health Professional: DrPhilMD, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
DrPhilMD
DrPhilMD, Doctor (MD)

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

This is absolutely fine to do

No problem if you are feeling up to it

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply.

DrPhilMD
DrPhilMD
DrPhilMD, Doctor (MD)