Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Ive had constant pressure in my forehead, eyes, and bridge…

Customer Question
Ive had constant pressure...

Ive had constant pressure in my forehead , eyes, and bridge of my nose for two weeks now. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and my blood pressure was 174/106. I also have dizziness and off balance. My Dr put me on blood pressure medicine. I just took my fifth dose. Some of the pressure has eased up but not alot. I still have some balance issues and the best way to describe the feeling in my forehead along with the pressure is like medicine head. I am worried that something else is wrong. My Dr has me going back to them in 2 weeks to check and see how blood pressure is working. Before I left the Dr office on Tuesday my blood pressure went from 174/106 to 150/110. I dont want to die!! Im scared and dont know if this is all normal for very high blood pressure and if so how long does it normally take for these symptoms to subside now that Im on medication

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No im overweight and smoke. I had a physical last year and everything was good then. I am do to have another physical.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
Dr. Said that my sinuses were ok but I have sighns of alergies
I smoke but im not a heavy smoker. A pack last me a day and a half. Sometimes 2 days
My Dr listened to my heart and she said that it sounds excellent and my lungs sounded good. She also listened to my neck on both sides and said all sounds good. My left eye had also been twitching alot in these 2 weeks but also has eased up alot since I started taking blood pressure meds.
11/26/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Could you please describe your balance problem?

Is your dizziness persisting?

Do you have anxiety?

Im getting ready to turn 44 on the 5th of Dec. And Ive never been diagnosed with anxiety but I believe that I do have some. My mother has it bad. And my balance is off when Im walking. I will take a step to move in a certain direction but lose my balance and then I will move on

A balance issue and dizziness need to be addressed by a CT scan or MRI if this is persisting in the back drop of high blood pressure. Occasionally a transient neurological attack (TNA which is also termed as TIA; transient ischemic attack) is caused by high blood pressure. This can only be detected by CT or MRI of brain.

Meanwhile you need to get your blood pressure further lowered as following;

a) Patients with the hypertension do need to restrict table salt which is considered as a prime regulator of the blood pressure. It is advised to reduce sodium intake to no more than 2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride per day. It is also advised that adequate intake of dietary potassium (approximately 90 mmol/d), helps in reducing the blood pressure.

b) Following dietary and nutrition measure are strongly recommended to bring down the blood pressure;

A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products may lower blood pressure by 10-16 mm Hg.
Oral potassium supplement may lower both systolic and diastolic pressure. Calcium and magnesium supplements, too, decrease the in blood pressure.
Low alcohol consumption lowers the blood pressure.
Stop smoking, if you do and reducing intake of dietary saturated fat and cholesterol benefits tremendously in overall cardiovascular health.
Following reduce and regulate the blood pressure:

1) Garlic

2) Fish oil

3) Herb Hawthorn

4) Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).

The causes of dizziness according to the decreasing incidence are;

1) Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) 20%

2) Vestibular 15%

3) Migraine and motion sensitivity 15%

4) Anxiety and depression 10%

5) Meniere's disease 7%

6) Cerebellar disease 6%

7) Transient ischemic attacks 5%

8) Orthostatic hypotension 4%

9) Other

Chronic dizziness associated with the floating, rocking and light headedness and is induced by eye movements (head being still) should be also investigated or correlated to anxiety and depression, if all the medical imaging, blood work and examination is negative. If you are on any medications, their side effects also should be ruled out for lightheadedness, as drugs are quite a common cause for this symptom. Dizziness may be provoked by only certain movements, such as standing up after lying down for at least 10 minutes in orthostatic hypotension, or may occur after vertical or oblique head movements, such as lying down, turning over in bed, or sitting up in benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). Simply moving the eyes with the head stationary causes dizziness and there is no eye movement disorder (ocular misalignment or an internuclear ophthalmoparesis), then dizziness is likely to be the result of anxiety. When dizziness occurs without provocation (spontaneous) and is vestibular (ear disorder) in origin, it frequently is exacerbated by head movements.

Internal ear disease vertigo is termed true vertigo in which one feels rotational movement of self or the surroundings. The false vertigo or nonvertigo has feeling of light-headedness, unsteadiness, motion intolerance, imbalance, etc. You need to consult first an ENT specialist to exclude the diseases of internal ear. They will perform some clinical tests (vestibular diagnostic tests) to establish the cause. Often, dizziness can be a multisensory disorder due to any combination of peripheral neuropathy, visual impairment, and musculoskeletal disease. Many patients who have thyroid dysfunction can present with dizziness as an initial complaint. In individuals who have migraine, dizziness and vertigo can occur as part of the aura or separately. Spells usually last approximately an hour but can last several hours or days in patients who have severe symptoms. Most patients who have migraines have a long history of recurring symptoms. So that too should be assessed as a cause if you have a history of migraine.

Your primary care physician should refer your to a neurologist, cardiologist and ENT specialist for evaluation as the causes can be divided on the system, which is involved;

1) Inner ear or internal ear disease

2) Central nervous system

3) Cardiovascular, or

4) Systemic diseases

That should be able to conclude for the diagnosis.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl