Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

What does a SED Rate of 47 mean. Adoominal pain and bloating

What does a SED Rate...
What does a SED Rate of 47 mean.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Adoominal pain and bloating after eating. Low appetite.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Lately and daily for over 1 month. Worse when eating.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Previously had ovarian cancer.
11/24/2017
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have any pain or burning sensation in upper abdomen?

Any pain in joints?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Dear customer

Thank you for being online

The symptoms you have described of having abdominal pain and bloating after eating along with low appetite is most likely suggestive of gastritis.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

An ESR (Sed. rate) above 20 may mean infection or inflammation. An abnormal ESR result doesn’t diagnose any particular disease. It just identifies any inflammation in your body.

Gastritis (inflammation of stomach)seems to be the probable cause of this/

To get relief,following is recommended for you:

1. Take antacid- Gaviscon
  2. · Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after these medications,the symptoms persists,then you should make an appointment with your doctor for tests & examinations to be done & then after that treatment will be done accordingly.

Usually these symptoms get subside & resolve with this & doctor visit will be less likely required.

Thank you!

Kind Regards-

Dr.Charles

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
achy pain in upper stomach. Feel nauseous after eating get bloated and stomach extended. Yes my joints mainly in leg area and feet ache.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As you have described that you have achy pain in upper stomach,feels nauseous after eating,get bloated and stomach extended- these are characteristic symptoms of gastritis.

As you have pain in joints in leg & feet- these can also lead to inflammation of joints & hence the increased ESR.

So as of now I advise you to first take antacid- Gaviscon and tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

And please do rate my answer (3 or more star is considered as positive rating).

Thank you!

Kind Regards-

Dr.Charles

Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you very much. Looking forward to feeling better.

Thank you.

Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor