Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am just getting over what I assume is a stomach virus but…

Customer Question
I am just getting...

I am just getting over what I assume is a stomach virus but I think I have a UTI now. How can I treat it at home?

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Since Monday I have had diarrhea, vomiting and nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
11/24/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What are your present symptoms?

Have your diarrhea, vomiting and nausea resolved?

No I am still having nausea pretty bad and I feel like I might get sick.

Nausea is not a symptom of UTI.

This can be due to lingering virus and electrolyte problem.

Drink plenty of fluids, and Pedialyte, Gatorade and coconut water.

Probiotics too would help.

You may take Dramamine for nausea.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Following measures would be helpful for urinary symptoms / UTI;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

A stomach virus is treated as following;

1) PeptoBismol

2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea is vigorous.

3) Gatorade / Pedialyte

4) Plenty of fluids

5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

6) Probiotics

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
This is the link to my profile:

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)