Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was told I have mumps. Today is day 9 since swelling

Customer Question
Hi, I was told...

Hi, I was told I have mumps. Today is day 9 since swelling happened and it is about 3 days since swelling is gone. Myself and my partner are wondering is it safe for us to kiss again and have our sexual life back to normal? There is very little information about this. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I had swelling for the past 9 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

But it is completely gone for the past 3 days

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
11/24/2017
Health Professional: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.If a person has taken the mumps/MMR vaccine,he/she will not develop severe mumps even on exposure.The infection is considered to be contagious for the first 5-7 days after the swelling appears.You appear to be noncontagious at present.