Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I took DHEA for about 2 days. Noticed I was getting

I took DHEA for...

I took DHEA for about 2 days. Noticed I was getting headaches and stopped. Now my period is late only by a day but that’s unusual for me.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I did get some nausea too.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m 38. And read that DHEA can help with fertility.

11/23/2017
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

how much DHEA were you taking?
are you on any other medications?

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)
I am on no other meds. I take a fish oil supplement 1000mg a day
800mcg of folic acid
And 1 Vit D3 supplement (5000 IU?) a dayI read to take 75mg a day of the DHEA. I tried that. My head was killing me. So I stopped. I don’t want to take it anymore. But i’m Worried about my cycle. I can be a bit anxious. So I wanted to check.
Phone call session started