Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My urine test showed my UUROB TO BE 2.0 BUT NEXT TO THE

Second opinion] My urine...

Second opinion] My urine test showed my UUROB TO BE 2.0 BUT NEXT TO THE NUMBER IT HAD A ASTERIX SYMBOL AND THE LETTER "H" ALSO

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Layman terms please

what does UUROB MEAN and what affect does it have on my health
11/23/2017
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D., and I can respond shortly.
The urine is tested for the amount of urobilinogen present in the sample. Normally, up to 1.0 can be detected. A value of 2.0 is high and you would have to be evaluated for a liver problem and possibly a blood disorder. It can be from an infection and can be treated. Thanks again for using Justanswer for your situation.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)