Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I've noticed that one side of my body will be quite hot

Customer Question
I've noticed that one...

I've noticed that one side of my body will be quite hot while the other side is noticeably cold. What the heck is going on?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

Oral temp doesn't seem abnormal when this happens. I do have hypothyroidism, I'm on 300mcg levothyroxine & 25mcg liothyronine. I have been dx'd w/ fibromyalgia but no longer take the lyrics or gabapentine because I believe it caused behavior changes that were severe. I also have herniated discs in my low back

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had stein leventhal syndrome when I was a teen, then endometriosis but went through treatment and have had 4 children. I'm 56 years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
11/22/2017
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond shortly.
You are trying to figure out why one side of your body feels warmer or colder than the other side. Your core temperature you describe as normal. So your perception of the sense of temperature is different from one side or the other. As we age, our peripheral nerves seem to be set differently and we sense cold and warm. Our skin thins out some, where we have more sensitivity to the ambient temps around us. The best answer I can give you is to keep track of this variation and list any other things that may develop. The human body is main composed of water, and like any vessel that water is in, there wouldn’t be a temperature difference one side or the other. What our nerve endings perceive can vary and we keep track of this phenomenon. I hope my response is satisfactory for now, and as you approach your “golden years”, you’ll find fewer doctors that can answer questions about your body function.