Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am a new diabetic. Was told to keep an eye on my feet.

I am a new...

I am a new diabetic. Was told to keep an eye on my feet. Fall boots iver the last four days caused a tender spot on my foot just below the little toe on the ball of my foot. Should I consult a doctor right away or wait and see if it heals over the next few days. Should I stay off my feet together? I plan to work 26 hours between now and Monday and will be on my feet the whole time. The spot is not yet a callous nor is it warm to the touch. I plan to wear my New Balance Tennis shoes.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Vision ok. Gets checked annually. I think I'm due in March for another visit.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Doctor checked my feet last Monday before I wore the boots. Said feet looked great!

11/22/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Associated redness,bump formation,numbness?

Any blister formation?

Are you taking any medicines?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back with the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I understand your concern.
As per your description, chances of diabetic foot are very slim.

And it can irritation/friction induced tender spot.

You should start application of OTC Hydrocort and Polysporin ointment on affected site twice a day.

Also take OTC Advil and Allegra to reduce inflammation.

You should soak your feet in warm water for 10-15 minutes with antiseptic solution.

Wear cotton socks to prevent direct friction/contact with your tennis shoes.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician