Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have been to the er twice for tingling numbness and

Customer Question
burning sensation on left side...
I have been to the er twice for tingling numbness and burning sensation on left side of chest and arm and upper abdomen. The ekgs, enzymes and chest x ray came back good he said. The second time at er he said it was chest wall pain told me to follow up with family doctor and cardiologist because of my pre existing conditions. He said it was chest wall pains and to take ibuprofen every 4-6 hours. Granted the tingling and burning sensations have left my arm and chest. Sometimes I feel it in the upper abdomen. I have looked up chest wall injury and it says nothing about tingling numbness or burning. I don’t know if I am freaking out for now reason or if I need to go back. I went to the er 2 times in a 24 hour period. I feel like o am out of breath when I talk now but that comes and goes as well as feeling like somethin in my throat on and off. I am just curious if I am over reacting or what
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No i haven’t dealt wIth it before and when I think and start looking on the internet for answers I get frustrated. I am currently driving from SC to Colorado. My doctors knows about my medical histoyr
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Health
11/21/2017
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 20 days ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi, thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond shortly. What is your age? When did you start driving to Colorado and were your symptoms present before you left SC?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I am 44 I started driving at 9 am the symptoms got worse as I drove they doctor in er said it was my chest wall. All ekgs and cardiac enzymes and x rays came back good told me to take Motrin every 4-6 hours. I just don’t understand I moved a dressed Saturday morning and I didn’t get symptoms until Sunday night and he said sometimes that happens. As of right now symptoms have left. If it were a heart attacking would the symptoms just leave like that
At age 44 you will have all sorts of aches and pains that you never had before, particularly upper body because of the work you do off and on. Driving will effect your shoulder and arms. Moving a dresser will leave you muscles you don’t use much. You have at least 25 years before chest pain can mean cardiac. Enjoy your health and living particularly since you were checked. Thanks again for using Justanswer
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
When I left the er Sunday night ekg was good as well as other tests. The burning sensation in left aide of chest and arm returned and pains I went back to er Monday afternoon they ran tests again gave me something similar to ibuprofen took more ekgs tests and x ray
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I am concerned because it was a delayed pain from moving dresser. I have high blood pressure possible diabetic and high triglycerides. Do heart attack symptoms just go away
Hopefully, you have been seen by a cardiologist in light of your questions. You would be someone to have a cardiac stress test. The symptoms you had could have been cardiac that tests could have pointed to. They didn’t point to a heart problem but that won’t necessarily ease your fear. I imagine someone is accompanying you to Colorado.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I have someone with me. Is it common for the symptoms to go away? I turned the seat warmer on in the car and took ibuprofen. Could it have been the chest wall? They referred me to a cardiologist my appt is Dec 8th. Do symptoms just go away like that
Body sensations come and go including numbness and tingling. When you drive, your left arm may rest on the contour of the inner door and you will get numbness and tingling from your ulna nerve pressing on the padding around the mechanisms for power door lock and windows. Cardiac pain is usually crushing chest discomfort and cold sweating. You did right by going to the ER and you have to choose to trust their judgement.
You have a choice to trust the tests or worry something is wrong. The tests could have been abnormal and you would have been admitted. You would then have fear about your mortality. I would be satisfied with the ekg and enzymes and breath easier. You are probably hyperventilating giving you shortness of breath. I had shortness of breath in my second year in medical school decades ago after seeing pathology of heart diseases. When they taught us about hyperventilation, I was able to enjoy the holidays since I wasn’t going to die
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)