Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a slight pinching pain in which feels as though it's…

Customer Question
Hi , i have...

Hi , i have a slight pinching pain in which feels as though it's under my breast bone on the left side of my chest

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

No shortness of breath just achey arms and back of neck when i rubb my arm and neck it feels better and releaved

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I go for regular yearly echo testing as my father passes away from a heart desease but I have not been diagnosed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Age and Gender?

Do you have numbness in left arm?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Nausea?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online.

I am posting my answer below-

Well, this condition can be due to- Costochondritis.It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes chest pains inside the chest wall.
Nerve can be compressed due to inflamed cartilage and thereby the pain can be felt in arm too.
Such pain can also be felt in back too.

No need to get panic. This is not related with heart disease.

To treat this condition doctor advise for medications. These are-
-Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like- Motrin, Naproxen ,Aleve.
-Antidepressants, specifically tricyclic antidepressants, are very helpful.
-Muscle relaxants, are also very helpful in such cases.

As a Physician, I am confident that such symptoms are not related with heart disease.

You can start with motrin 400mg twice a day, and take rest.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh