Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have bruise like pain in my right breast this morning

Customer Question
I have bruise like...

I have bruise like pain in my right breast this morning after getting up this morning. No discharge/lumps/redness/visible bruising on skin

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No skin issue

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
11/21/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Is the pain first time?

When was your last period?

33, yes, 11/16/2017

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This is likely to be mastalgia. This can be cyclical or non cyclical. Cyclical comes with the specific period of time while non cyclical pain of the breast is random. Unlike cyclical mastalgia, there is not usually any precipitating factor. Resolution many times is spontaneous. Following is helpful;

1) A well-fitting sports brassiere

2) Relaxation therapy if anxiety is associated

3) Decrease the caffeine intake

4) A low fat diet has been proven to result in a reduction in hormones such as prolactin, believed to be implemented in the cause of mastalgia.

5) Exercise also lowers circulating estrogen levels and this may also be another simple lifestyle modification worth considering.

6) Medications; if significant persistent pain danazol, bromocriptine and tamoxifen are the medications worth considering by your doctor.

You may also consider a mammogram or magnetic resonance mammogram (MRM) for the evaluation, especially if the pain is moderate to severe or persists for very long.

Mastalgia is usually benign, and can be associated with following:

a) premenstrual syndrome,

b) fibrocystic breast disease,

c) psychologic disturbance

d) breast cancer (extremely rare).

Chest wall conditions, like Tietzie syndrome, may present as mastalgia. Please read abut it;

http://www.medicinenet.com/costochondritis_and_tietze_syndrome/article.htm

Lisuride maleate is a new agent recently studied for the treatment. Vitamin E and evening primrose oil also can help you.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Ok so having no lumps or anything like that, I assume the pain will go away on its own since it's likely associated with my cycle?

Yes, exactly. This would resolve on its own.

Nothing worrisome here.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.