Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Trying to look into my ALT, AST and Bilibubin scores from my…

Trying to look into...

Trying to look into my ALT, AST and Bilibubin scores from my lab work.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I had a 22 ALT, a 23 AST and a 0.6 BU.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. But I have around 3 doubles (drinks) over a 3 hour period each night . Wondering if that is going to cause Liver problems. I'm 46 and didn't drink at all until 12 years ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes.

11/21/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

I have repeated this routine for about 6 years straight. My drinks are after kids go to bed and for relaxing while watching tv. Not to get drunk.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, your AST,ALT and Bilirubin are within normal range and these don't suggest liver damage due to alcohol consumption.

If you don't have any symptoms so you are fine.

If you have symptoms like nausea,vomiting,pain abdomen,loss of appetite,heaviness,tenderness in upper right abdomen,diarrhea,bloating then ultrasound/CT scan should be done to rule out Gall bladder disease,Fatty liver.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Does a Fatty Liver usually show higher ALT and AST scores? If so.....what is an example?
What is an acceptable per day/week drink limit......that usually keeps your liver healthy?

Thank you for replying back.

Fatty liver is mostly silent and it can cause high ALT and AST levels when interferes in liver functioning.

Recommended safe consumption is not more than 14 units of alcohol a week - the equivalent of six pints of average strength beer or seven glasses of wine - in order to keep health risks low.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician