Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have been coughing for a time and have been seeing the…

Customer Question
I have been coughing...

I have been coughing for a long time and have been seeing the doctor but he says there is no problem

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Yes I feel bloody taste when I cough sometimes esp in the morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes I had TB when I was young but I did the test and he says there is nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
How can I make the live call and o which platform and what time
I need more information
11/21/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)

Hi

Welcome to just answer

A persistent cough which worsens specially in morning is most likely allergic. Since infection and TB are ruled out, allergic cough seems like the most probable cause.

You would ideally need to be evaluated by a Chest specialist for a detailed investigation and evaluation. You might need long term anti-allergy medicines and even inhalers if the allergy is affecting the lungs as well.

In the meantime you can try taking oral Levorid (available over the counter) and drink lots of warm fluids.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

I also get breathing problems after doing some exercises
a headache which comes and go

Breathing problem again can be due to chest allergy or due to a cardiac problem. I would recommend you to get a cardiac evaluation done if not been done before.

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers

Health Professional: Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago

I hope you feel that I have given you Great Service. If so, a 5 star rating would be very appreciated. Your rating should be based solely on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated for their assistance until a positive rating is given.

Regards