Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I had my appendix out in August and am getting sharp pains…

Customer Question
I had my appendix...

I had my appendix out in August and am getting sharp pains in the same area, not sure if it’s still the internal scarring healing as the op wasn’t straight forward at the time

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

On and off since op but I’ve just returned to work. It is a desk job sitting but maybe it’s that, it’s better if I lie flat

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was fit and healthy until this, they thought I had diverticulitis on the first op, then after 10 days realised it was a misdiagnosed and was a burst appendix

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
11/21/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD)

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

What is your age?

Have you had any fevers or chills?

Age 40
No fever or chills
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)