Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’m having problems with the head of my penis always itchy…

I’m having problems with the...
I’m having problems with the head of my penis always itchy and some time even sore to touch, and leaves a foul smell
11/20/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

History of unprotected sex?

Any redness,rash on head of penis?

Penile discharge?

Duration of symptoms?

Pain during urination?

Are you taking any medicines?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back with the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I haven’t had unprotected sex since me and my wife had baby who is now 6 months old. To be honest haven’t had much intercourse since. Discharge is like thin and smelly and all the time, when it’s at it’s worse head of my penis is red with rash when I urinate no pain
No meds

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, It indicates Balanitis.

Other possible differential diagnosis may include Prostatitis.

And it can be caused due to bacterial or yeast infection and caused by bad hygiene,degradation and biological decomposition of organic matter accumulated on the head of the penis and on the foreskin.

If you don’t maintain regular hygiene of that area the bacteria in that area starts procreating and degrades these products producing odd smell resulting in itching,rash.

I think that you should wash your foreskin with an antibacterial soap for a few days and apply OTC Hydrocort cream and Polysporin cream.

Also use Zeasorb powder.

You should maintain a good hydration.

If that doesn’t solve the problem of the smelly discharge then you should talk to your doctor and culture of discharge can be done.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Thanks

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.