Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Today have the feeling of a bruise with no visible

Customer Question
Today have the feeling...

Today have the feeling of a bruise with no visible discoloration on my right side lower back just to the right of my spine

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Not associating with it but I did have a bad cold that I went to dr on Friday for. Diagnosis of sinus infection put on antibiotics. Otherwise nothing related to or don't recall doing anything that would cause bruise feeling in back

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No Also feeling the f tiredness relating to my cold

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
11/20/2017
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 8 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have pain,burning sensation during urination?

Bloating,nausea?

Is pain continuous or comes & goes?

History of injury?

Is area tender to touch?

Pain radiating to leg?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back with the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

47 Female. History includes a kidney stone 12 years ago. I currently have no pain w urination like I remember when I had kidney stone. My current pain is very specific to one area on lower back that feels like a bruise however I don't remember doing anything that would cause this discomfort

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possibly it's muscle strain.

And you should take OTC Advil.

Also do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment on affected site and apply cool compresses with ice pack.

You should maintain a good hydration.

Also take OTC Pepcid and citrucel.

If pain is getting severe then visit emergency room to rule out other possible differential diagnosis like Kidney stone,Herniated disc.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

I don't think its a muscle strain. Going to bed will see how I feel in morning and will reaccess. Thank you

Other possible differential diagnosis may include Ovarian cyst.

You should take OTC Advil and other self care remedies for pain relief.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.