Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Last Wednesday I had allergy reactions on my face from.

Hi Last Wednesday I had allergy...
Hi
Last Wednesday I had allergy reactions on my face from nuts. Since then everytime I eat (nuts free) my temples both side getting swollen and headache. What that can be?
11/20/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Due to allergic reaction, lymph nodes can get swollen, which may stay for couple of weeks. Thus eating may augment the swelling and headache for some duration due to this persistent inflamed lymph nodes. You may take anti allergic and anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen for 3-7 days for early resolution.

This may resolve on its own too.

If this increases in intensity, you may need blood work for complete blood counts and autoimmune panel. A soft tissue ultrasound of this area also would be required.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)