Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am 8 months pregnant I smoke crack cocaine one time will…

Customer Question
I am 8 months pregnant...
I am 8 months pregnant I smoke crack cocaine one time will my unborn baby come out clean or dirty
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Health
11/19/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Your child will have certain withdrawal symptoms and there is a chance of other complications as well.

It's important to let your doctor know so that your child can get treatment after delivery to help through withdrawals.

I. Just want to know if baby will be clean or will I get in trouble

You wouldn't get in trouble. The baby would test positive for cocaine if the baby were to be tested but we almost never test the baby.

I have 6 more weeks before baby comes out ,I'm on cos at the moment so I and baby will be fine if I drink plenty of water

It would help tremendously if you stopped now. And by then almost all traces of cocaine would be out of your system and the baby's.

sir I am o do regret doing it almost so close to my due date ,o just want to make sure everything will be fine o don't want to lose my children to cps , I am drink cranberry jucie as well

Just stop the cocaine which will be a huge plus.

And drink plenty of water and eat as healthy as you can.

That will be all you need to do.

Please let me know if I can expand on any of the information I have provided.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions by returning to this question thread for free in the future.

Dr. Mo