Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Every bowel movement, I pass what ranges from the shape of a…

Every bowel movement, I...

Every bowel movement, I pass what ranges from the shape of a small sesame seed to a big pumpkin seed. I threw on some gloves and dissected one, it has a shell and when squeezed white/yellow thing pops out. As far as a a stooo test, I have had one done and was diagnosed with blastocystis and d. Fragilis. I do not eat seeds and the parasites that I have are microscopic. I also have mild pain in the upper right quandrant.what can these things in my poop be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

For approx 6 months. I have had a HIDA, ultrasound, and a complete blood panel done which checked liver. All normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing really makes the pain worse

11/19/2017
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D. and you could have small gallstones passing through the bile duct into the intestine and eventually out with the stool. They would have yellowish bile when popped by you. It would also explain the mild pain. Get this checked out as one of these stones could get stuck in the bile duct and you’ll have bad pain. You can rate your satisfaction with my answer.
Thanks however, wouldn’t that have shown up on the HIDA scan and or ultrasound that I had?
You’ve had smaller seedlike things and maybe once or twice the pumpkin seed size. You may have gravel coming from the gall bladder. You do have the ruq pain. If it isn’t gallstones then it’s nothing to be concerned about.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)