Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Recently had a tubal a week ago yesterday. Was at e.r. last

night. All results came back...
Recently had a tubal a week ago yesterday. Was at e.r. last night. All results came back stating it was due to the surgery. My thing is is the swelling and bruising is getting worse along with the knot that's about the size of a goose egg yesterday and is continuing to grow
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Had my tubal a week ago yesterday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: When I went to the ER last night they did a cat-scan and said that everything came back okay they also did one to check for a pulmonary embolism because my mother passed away last year of one from a surgery
11/18/2017
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the swelling and bruising here? Also do you have any pain or tenderness in the area?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it's very sore and the the swelling appears to be getting bigger to be yesterday I didn't have any swelling on my vaginal area and now I do on the left side

Thanks for the additional information, can you send a picture of the area?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Trying to figure out how to send the pictures

Here is a link explaining how to attach pictures,

How to attach pictures

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It's not allowing those options
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Did it go through
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
This was just taken. I had my rn friend draw the circle for me. The dermabond also has peeled making it leak blood
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Another
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
This one was yesterday before my e.r. visit

Just got them , give me a few minutes to evaluate them and ill get back to you with an answer.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok thanks no problem.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
This was discharge summary if this helps.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Although I had no complaint of shortness of breath.

Well from what you are describing and from the picture it looks like the bruising is certainly from the surgery and given that a CT scan was done yesterday which showed no major issues then the expansion of the swelling and the bruising can be from a minor blood vessel inside the soft tissue which is bleeding. This can sometimes happen after surgery and usually no intervention is undertaken unless the problem worsens over the next 2-3 days. For example if the bruising expands to cover almost all of the right side of your abdomen and extends down into the groin or the thigh area then you may need to go back in and get a MRI done. In addition in that situation they may do a small procedure to locate the bleeding vessel and try to cauterize the bleeding vessel.

However in most cases, we would wait and observe the situation. I have compared both the pictures from before the ER visit and afterwards, there is an increase in the amount of bruising however it is NOT significant enough to be worried just yet. You can continue to apply heat on the area for 10-15 mins at a time upto 5 times a day. The small area of bleeding HOWEVER has to be covered with application of dermabond again or with a sterile bandage which would need to be changed on a daily basis.

The CT scan report is helpful as it has ruled out any SERIOUS issue insid ethe abdominal wall such as an infection. A hematoma (a collection of blood) and edema (Swelling) would usually resolve within 2-3 weeks after surgery, It MAY increase in size somewhat after a week or so however it WILL settle down. You just need to watch out for spread of the bruising in the manner that i described above.

But at the moment i would not worry about this at all.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
With that being said, what about lifting and activities. My husband works out of state and have my 3 mths old to carry and have to travel 9 hr trip one way for executor of an estate of my deceased great-grandmother
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Currently am under a tremendous amount of stress due to the probate and all these complications this is been ongoing throughout my whole pregnancy which was why I had to wait so long for the tubal was because I had to make sure that I can get my blood pressure under control
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
My preeclampsia was extremely severe

I would avoid lifting weights for the next 2 weeks and placing any strain on the abdomen. You can certainly travel for 9 hours however. You can lift your 3 month old for short periods of time which means less than 15-20 mins at a time. I would not place too much strain on your body given your pre eclampsia and recent control of the blood pressure. But dont lift weights greater than 15-20 pounds and if you do lift weights. you should take these precautions for the next 2 weeks.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No sir and I appreciate everything and feel a lot better about it I'm so sick of going to the hospital

You're welcome, do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
sir no problem

Best of luck!

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks!
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)