Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have a 3yr old with a post nasal drip for the past 3days.

Customer Question
I have a 3yr...

I have a 3yr old with a post nasal drip for the past 3days. She has been spitting a lot and has been throwing up after eating. I have been giving her claritin for kids but that does not seem to help.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Post nasal dripping, runny nose (clear mucus), vomiting after eating (mostly mucus),

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

3days. No trouble breathing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Low grade fever (on and off) no prior illness or allergies. Patient is 3yrs old.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
11/18/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,you should give him nasal saline spray initially.

Also give him OTC Liquid Emetrol.

You can give him OTC Nasonex nasal spray once a day.

Also use a humidifier in his room.

Elevate his head while sleeping.

Hydrate him with Pedialyte and warm liquids.

Give him steam inhalation with keeping him in your lap.

You should give him OTC Children's Tylenol.

If his symptoms'll persist then see him to doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)