Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have had pain down the outer side of my knee and

Customer Question
tenderness at the back of...
I have had pain down the outer side of my knee and tenderness at the back of my lower thigh for about two weeks.
The pain is a burning pain and is sensitive to touch. I have no swelling ..just pain. It hurts my back of thigh when I sit or pressure is put on it. My d dimer test is negative. Fed up eith the discomfort.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Health
11/18/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 26 days ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Jean,

Your symptoms are suggestive of myofascial trigger point. Trigger points may develop after an initial injury to muscle fibers. This injury may be a noticeable traumatic event or repetitive microtrauma to the muscles. The trigger point causes pain and stress in the muscle or muscle fiber. Myofascial trigger point is a hyperirritable spot, usually within a taut band of skeletal muscle or in the muscle fascia which is painful on compression. The treatment is following;

1) passive stretching of the affected muscle after application of sprayed vapocoolant

2) physical therapy

3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation

4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)

6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points

7) massage

8) steroid shots

9) acupuncture.

You may need active assistance of physiotherapist / physical therapist for treatment.

You may get an MRI for the evaluation if the above treatment does not resolve it.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 25 days ago

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)