Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Been on ear drops for three days. pain is gone but ear is…

been on ear drops for...
been on ear drops for three days. pain is gone but ear is still swollen can't hear. how long before swelling goes away so I can hear again?
11/17/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Linda,

The ear swelling should go away in next couple of days and your hearing would be restored. Since pain has gone; it means treatment is effective, so swelling too would go away in few days and hearing too come in the same duration.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

are ear drops working even though they don't seem to be going down into the ear canal?

Even if a tiny amount goes in the ear canal, it would work.

Also many times infection is self limiting so symptoms go away spontaneously.

The pain, swelling and hearing affection can be due to ear wax which many times may come out by small amount of ear drops and thus symptoms go away.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
thanks

You are very welcome.