Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I accidentally swallowed a little dime sized piece of a

Customer Question
steel scrubby like chore boy...
I accidentally swallowed a little dime sized piece of a steel scrubby like chore boy for dishes. Is there any real danger or should it pass through fine??
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: It was red hot when swallowed so just a lil sore in the back of my throat kinda feels like stuck there but isn’t
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: This just happened
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Health
11/17/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 27 days ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

How long ago was it swallowed?

Could you please post a picture of another similar object?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am 30 swallowed about an hour ago I tried vomiting but it didn’t come up. Let me find pic
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Put just a round dime sized piece
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
But**
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
But was just a round dime sized piece

Usually these pass off without any consequence, especially if these do not have any sharp edges.

Many gastroenterologist would like to take a x-ray and see if it is in stomach; they would try to remove it endoscopically.

But since it is already an hour, there is a chance that it may have passed in the intestines.

I saw the pictures; this should pass off without any problem.

No worry.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok thank you

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)