Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I just got over a yeast in infection I think and the top of

Customer Question
I just got over...
I just got over a yeast in infection I think and the top of my vigan hurts so I looked into mirror and notice some small puss pockets . When I go pea they burn.
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Health
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I also scratched while I had the yeast infection to. I don't have periods anymore. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago do to uterine cancer.
11/17/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Juran, Doctor (MD) replied 24 days ago
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Doctor (MD)

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Preparing a response and will be with you shortly. I apologize that you haven't been helped yet!

There could be a few things going on...firstly, if you've had a hysterectomy for uterine cancer, I presume your ovaries were removed too. This loss of hormones can cause changes to the vagina - the tissues can become thinner, lose their elasticity, and become so fragile and friable that they tear easily, in which case urination would hurt.

Another possibility is that you have a yeast infection. the hallmark of a yeast infection is itching and cottage cheese discharge, but sometimes the irritation can be very painful too.

All that being said, the "pus pockets" concern me. I really think you should let a gynecologist or family doc do an exam to make sure all is well done there. In the meantime, I recommend avoiding any vaginal washes or creams (like Vagisil) because they contain alcohol and can worsen your irritation. Applying coconut oil might make it feel better. A Sitz bath (where you soak in a tub filled with a few inches of water) can also help cause relief.

Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Doctor (MD)