Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I got flu shot and I am having burning sensations and can…

Customer Question
I got flu shot...

I got flu shot and I am having burning sensations and can not sleep. No fever but metallic taste in mouth. BP is up,

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Since 1:00 some achines

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
11/16/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your BP?

Is burning all over the body?

Do you have fever, nausea, rash, dizziness?

Wsince midnight. BP 166/72. Burning is mainly hands legs feet. No rash but some lightheadedness

These are side effect of flu shot. This is likely to resolve by the morning.

None of your symptoms are serious or significant.

Your blood pressure is slightly high but should come back to normal.

If you develop rashes or breathing issue; you may consider going to emergency room.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

BP was 166/85. No rash at shot site

The systolic BP of 166 is slightly high. But this can be due to anxiety and the burning.

None of your symptoms warrant an urgent evaluation.

It is privilege assisting you.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl