Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have been on 100mg mses tid for 16yrs. I have passed

Customer Question
I have been on...

I have been on 100mg mses tid for 16yrs. I have passed 69 strait drup test. My md recently switched me to embeda. my skin broke out, i had to take benadryl. What do i need to say to him to get him just to change me back to mser?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

2 months. Major changes. and changes in overall behavior. I lost 15lbs thet1st mo, but still he sent me home with it on mo 2. What do i do? I dont think i can do mo3. i having chest pains and acute sleep problems that i never had with mser.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He's been my md 4 16+ yrs. He knows all about me. Im on humira, but he knows. then embeda is the only thing different in my life.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
11/16/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to just answer

Any medicine can cause an allergic reaction in the body. Its good that you immediately stopped embeda and took benadryl. If you inform your treating doctor that you had an 'adverse drug reaction' to embeda, then he will change you back to the original medication.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers