Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have pain in testicles. Shriveled up. Right side is worse.

Lower back pain. And right...
I have pain in testicles. Shriveled up. Right side is worse. Lower back pain. And right testicle is worst and right leg is swollen that It feels so fat it hurts
Went to ER on October 31st. For right testicular pain and shriveled up really red and swollen. Just the right side. ER doc has me do ultrasound. Nothing is wrong. Checks my urine. No blood or infections. Dr thinks I have Inguinal hernia realeases me and recommend me to surgeon. I go see surgeon. He basically laughed at this and said I definitely don't have a hernia and to go see urologist. I go see him next day. He says I just need to change my underwear to supportive kind and I'll be fine. So I get new underwear. A week goes by and everyday I'm feeling better and able to move around more and more. Then last night it happens again. But this time both testicles are shriveled up and won't go down. Both red and swollen. But right side is way worse and leg is affected.
Here are some pictures
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Do I need to send anymore info?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you very much. If I should take the photos down after you look at them I would appreciate that or please have me be anonymous
Is it 50$ total. And if I'm not satisfied you don't charge me? Please help. In PAIN!!! CAN GO RACK UP ANOTHER $3000 ER visit again for who knows what kind of result I would get again
Can't*!

You are very welcome.

You need to get ultrasound repeated and a colored doppler study to look for hydrocele or varicocele. There can be cyst of epididymis too.

There is unlikely to be anything serious or significant.

Once we are finished with the discussion you may ask the moderator of the site to close the thread for public view.

Is this helpful to you?

I have an ultrasound 2 weeks ago. Everything on it was normal then. Based on the pictures is that why your think I should go back to ER and get another ultrasound? Or Is it cheaper to go to an urgent Care?

Urgent care is far less expensive.

But your GP can also get it done as there is no urgency.

1) Cyst of an appendage of the testes; this can be pedunculated (stem like mushroom) and can undergo torsion or can get inflamed, so it can become tender and/or painful.

2) Spermatocele

3) Cysts of epididymis; called as

a) hydatid of Morgagni (appendix of the epididymis)

b) vas aberrans of Haller

c) paradidymis

All of these are benign, thus not worrying, but would need attention of your primary care physician for an evaluation due to the pain.

I just moved to Spokane from Salt Lake City. My Dr is back there. I went and saw him back in July when this happened the first time.
I was reading online about this maybe just from Anxiety and stress?

Okay, you may go to urgent care or seek an appointment with another urologist for the second opinion.

Anxiety and stress can definitely cause it.

Chronic scrotal pain is usually related to noninflammatory conditions but chronic infections also should be considered. Because the testes arise embryologically in close proximity to the kidneys, pain arising in the kidneys or retroperitoneum may also be referred to the testes. So an abdominal ultrasound, intravenous pyelography and a CT scan of the abdomen also should be done to evaluate testicular pain.

A urine and sperm culture for pyogenic organisms and mycobacterium should be done. This should be able to point towards the chronic infection and give the guidelines for the further management.

Following other causes to be considered for the pain are;

1) Recurrent torsion

2) Torsion or inflammation of the appendix of the testes

3) Infectious epididymitis

4) Noninfectious epididymitis; occur due to reflux of urine through the ejaculatory ducts and vas into the epididymis, producing a "chemical" inflammation

5) Referred pain - the genitofemoral, ilioinguinal, or posterior scrotal nerves CAN CAUSE REFERRED PAIN. Other causes of referred pain are abdominal aortic aneurysm, ureteric stone, lower lumbar or sacral nerve root impingement, retrocecal appendicitis, retroperitoneal tumor, and postherniorrhaphy pain.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Should I call my Dr. back in Utah. And let him know what's going? Should I head to urgent asap?

There is no urgency. You may call to your doctor in Utah.

Thank you very much. These nights this happen are the worst. You have giving me some piece of mind. Especially after going to ER and 2 other Drs. And not really getting any help thank you

You are very welcome.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
I have a question about my pain and what I should do
To help alleviate

A scrotal support and Motrin would help you.