Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I just failed a drug screen. It was for a hospital position.

Customer Question
Hi there. I just failed...
Hi there. I just failed a drug screen. It was for a hospital position. Said I was positive for Methamphetamines and Methadone??!!
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: it was a urine test. I take over the counter excedrin, Biotin, prenatal vitamins, and Zantac. I did take 2 Robaxin within the last 2 weeks. It is a PRN prescription. Could that have made my test positive??
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, just confused as to why I failed
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 26 days ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

There are multiple over the counter supplements and medication that can cause a false positive. What they do in such cases is send the urine for further testing or have you submit blood work.

The confirmatory testing should show that you don't have any methamphetamine products in your system.

Robaxin can also cause a false positive rate unfortunately.

Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 25 days ago

Please let me know if I can clarify the information any further.

If you have no other questions then I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Dr. Mo

Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 20 days ago

Please let me know if I can expand on any of the information I have provided.

Family Physician, Doctor (MD)