Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My dad is 82 over here now he has had history of lymes rocky…

Customer Question
My dad is 82...

My dad is 82 over here now he has had history of lymes rocky mt alpha gal other illness but dr took him off doxycyiline 2 weeks ago he just started eating red meat bologna, sausage, would that cause broke out from thigh both legs circles round white centers some red spots streaks red under arm

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

They are sore to touch some of them some itching

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has stayed dehydrated some does not eat well has duodenum polyop huge bowel issues what else about rash main issue tonight

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Health
11/14/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO) replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the lesions here?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Im sorry i am unable to call at the moment since i am in the hospital with no cell reception, but if you can post a picture here i would be happy to continue via chat.

I got your picture which you posted in teh other question, let me evaluate it and ill get back to you with a written answer in a few minutes.

Please respond by text its bad does he need er. I dont have 50$ right now for call i have 4 pictures a big red whep under arm

There is NO need for a call, i am writing down your answer right now. The call request is an automated site response, I DID NOT SEND IT. just a few mins.

Actually there are a couple of things which can cause this sort of problem. The first one is definitely the lyme disease which could have conme back and in some cases a longer course of therapy is needed, siuch as for 4-6 weeks. This can be tested for again with the help of blood tests.

The other possibility is that this is due to another bacterial infection which is causing the problem. This can manifest itself in this manner and spread over the body. This would be dtreated with a separate antibiotic rather than doxycycline. It could be an atypical infection other than lyme disease, there are many rickettsial infections which can present in this manner.

Lastly it can be an allergic reaction which can cause this sort of problem. An allergic reaction can manifest itself in many ways. If this is the case then using OTC antihistamines would be necessary like zyrtec, claritin or benadryl.

But IF the rash is NOT spreading, if he does NOT have a fever, IF he is NOT short of breath, IF he does not feel severe bodyaches then he can wait till morning when you can take him to the doctor, if he DOES have these additional symptoms then you can take him to the ER. But right now DO give him the antihistamines.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Cancel my contact the answers you gave i already figured.do not charge me no more have called my bank i tried to call you foreigner answered would not talk to me to cancel 14 dy trial.CANCEL NOW