Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I went to PC with earache. He cleaned it and sent me on my…

I went to PC...

I went to PC with earache. He cleaned it and sent me on my way two days later went to urgent care and was told I had inner ear infection. Amoxicillin didn't touch it. Three days later was told ear canal is swollen shut. I do have the habit of scratching my ears with whatever is available help

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No

11/13/2017
Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD)
Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Are you on antibiotics now?
No
Please reply to chat
Are you there?
Are you still having pain? Any fevers?

How many days of amoxicillin did you take?

It sounds like you need to be on stronger antibiotics like augmentin.

No pain can't hear clogged up. Took 5 doses.
Anything else?

Did they give you steroid drops?

You should try some steroid ear drop to help the swelling.

NSAIDs, if you are not allergic, can also help

Did you have a specific question by the way?

can I buy steroid drop otc?
No they are prescription. Most of them come with antibiotics
I would call you pcp and see if he can them in for you
The steroids will decrease the inflammation and swelling rapidly.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
The diagnosis of inner ear infection and swollen ear canal related?
No. They are 2 different conditions with 2 different treatments.
thanks
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD)