Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have pain in the right side of my tongue when swallowing…

Customer Question
I have pain in...

I have pain in the right side of my tongue when swallowing and it is hurting in my right ear a little as well. I was thinking it was a possible ear infection.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No, neither.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No known medical conditions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

I would like to get some more information regarding your symptoms to help you more efficiently.

Do you have fever? Cough?

Any discharge from ear?

No, none of that. Just pain when swallowing that seems to travel to my ear.

Thank you.

This looks like an upper respiratory infection, which may have affected your ear/Eustachian tube or the tonsils.

If there is no fever and pain is tolerable, you better try Motrin (ibuprofen) and see how you respond to it in next few days.

Usually most of these infections are viral and self liming; however if become associated with high fever or worsening symptoms, see you doctor as you may need a course of antibiotics.

Drink lots of fluids

Green Tea

Honey

All will help..

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.