Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was diagnosed with trich had a uti was treated for that…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with...

I was diagnosed with trich had a uti was treated for that then I went to the er because my partner told me to be treated .I took four pills for it my partner was treated too just went to my primary doctor and I have to take antibiotics for seven days ... Why didn't it work I'm stressed out because of this

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take medicine for my hypertension no not allergic to anything

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
11/11/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor (MD)

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Did you have positive screening on 2 occasions?

Can't afford $50
Can you help me

OK and you were treated prior to your partner being treated?

I was

Men are asympatomic with trichomonas infections. It sounds like you were treated, but he was not, so you got reinfected from him.

There is no way to tell who got the infection first.

But both of you should be treated 2 weeks after antibiotic treatment.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Sorry, both of you should be retested 2 weeks after treatment.

Treatment of sex partners is indicated because maximal cure rates in infected women are achieved when their sexual partners are treated simultaneously.

He was treated and took the medication he doesn't have it
Why didn't the four pills work? If he doesn't have it

There is a very high treatment failure rate with the 4 pills. The cure rate cure rate is about 82%.

The advantages of single-dose therapy include better compliance, a shorter period of alcohol avoidance, and possibly decreased Candida superinfection, but it does not work as well as the 7 days treatment.

You and your partner should be retested after treatment.

The rationale for repeat testing is that reinfection rates of up to 17 percent have been reported in women treated for trichomoniasis.