Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a stuffy nose along with fumes coming through my

Customer Question
I have a stuffy...

I have a stuffy nose along with fumes coming through my nose

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

No not that I am aware of

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

In the middle at the top of my stomach the soloplex area. When I eat too late my food does digest so I eat my last meals before 6pm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
11/11/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. There are a few conditions which can cause this sort of problem, the first one which comes to mind is that you could have developed a viral infection which is causing the symptoms. This can occur at any time and is usually self limiting in nature which means that it would settle down on its own within 7-10 days and the symoptoms can be managed in the meantime with OTC medications. These include OTC zyrtec or claritin once a day along with OTC benadryl at night. Decongestants lcan also be used like sudafed. OTC tylenol can also be helpful in this situation.

Another possibility is that of allergies which can develop at any point in your life and that can lead to symptoms like these. The above treatment would also be helpful for this problem as well.

Sinusitis is another possibility in which there is an infection and inflamation inside the sinuses. This would be diagnosed with a sinus xray and can be treated with the help of sinus lavages and the same medications that i mentioned above. It can also cause the fumes that you have mentioned. In some cases you would need a short course of antibiotics and steroids to clear up the problem.

I would suggest that you have this evaluated but in the meantime try the above measures and see if they help.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/