Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a very regular menstral cycle of 29 days and

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a very regular menstral cycle of 29 days and currently it is late by 3 day but I have blood when I wipe only and not on the liner or in the knickers, im

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

In a round about way, I have been tracking my periods ever since a still birth back in march

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of. This is a very weird ko th for me

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Health
We are trying to get pregnant so there had been unprotected sex at ovulation time.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/9/2017
Health Professional: Dr. J, Doctor (MD) replied 9 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Doctor (MD)

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. I'm so sorry about your loss back in March. I would take a pregnancy test. If your period is 3 days late, by this point if you were pregnant your pregnancy test would be positive. If it's negative, chances are that this is your period starting.

Okay that’s all good, thank yo for he response, leading up to this cycle since ovulation I have had spotting coming and going also, so for the last 2.5 weeks, not heavy, light pink or brown. Is it anything to be concerned about?
Thanks

Nothing to be concerned about. A little irregular spotting here and there is OK.

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me. If you are satisfied with the responses provided please leave a rating by clicking the stars above.

Hi again, I regards ***** ***** question I did end up getting my period late but since finishing it has been about 3 days now since it finished and have had intercourse and I ended up with some discharge the next day after (nothing straight after) it was red to begin with and is now brown after a few hours.....
Thanks

As long as you're up to date on your pap and all was well, a little irregular bleeding here and there is nothing to be worried about. When it is brown in color, it indicates the blood has been sitting in the vagina for a while (where it is exposed to oxygen and turns brown) rather than coming straight out. So it's basically old blood.

As I mentioned, if you're up to date on your pap, I'm not worried that something bad is going on.