Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am a bit confused. I picked up a script for lorazepam and…

Customer Question
I am a bit confused...
I am a bit confused. I picked up a script for lorazepam and the directions seem off for me. It says take 90 at bed time. Should I be worried?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Health
11/7/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO) replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Actually you are correct, you cannot take 90 tablets at once and it cant be 90 mg at bed time either, both of those are an excessive dose of lorazepam. It could be that they wanted to write take between 9 pm to bedtime or they wanted to write down take 9 mg at bedtime even though that is a high dose as well. Do you have a picture of the instructions that you can post here? Also why have you been advised lorazepam? For insomnia / inability to sleep?